WHAT NEXT?

Saturday, December 05, 2015

This is our fifth biochemical writer, This guy we would regard them as the type that goes to class, not people like us that attend from the window. Well he is good like that. Did I forget to mention I call him my mentor.
Oh! At last, the day every student hopes to see and experience, after
a couple of years in the university filled with mixed feelings, a tug
of war of no jamboree. One needs more that ebullience to triumph over
a stress coated school like MOUAU, no wonder it's preferably called
"Umudike", meaning strong children. Yes, it's a school for the strong
willed. The four year experience left me affirm the assertion, "No
guts, No glory", because it took humongous guts to scale through.
Viewing it as a race if millions of sperm cells, swimming through the
female reproductive canal to fuse with usually an ovum, in which only
one out of millions survives to achieve this incredible fate, seems as
a replica of the odds of successfully passing through that great
citadel of learning. 
Finally it's here, the day of my final
examination, it's thoughts crowded my mind, the imprints of that
morning haven't left my memory, nature took part in my happiness, as
the first son of the sky (sun) majestically rose up quite early, with
radiant smile, beaming down its glory all over. I sincerely prayed for
it, since my lodge mates and friends threatened to stick to the
custom, showering ultimate students with water, which I view crude
rather than its general view of salvaging finalists from the stress
etched on them for the past years in school. On reaching the
examination Hall, one can easily notice, that such an examination
comes once each academic calendar year. We were set to biochemically
terminate our four years programme and it was backed up with colourful
polo shirts worn by my colleagues with hilarious inscriptions,
justifying the past four years, such as "Fuck B.Sc", "Termination
Sequence", "Done with B.Sc", on them.  After two memorabl
e hours of
intellectually battling the examination questions successfully, coming
out of the hall rather than rejoicing with my colleagues, was mate and
calm, circulating in the thoughts of what next, just like the circular
unending metabolic pathways of biochemistry. Faced with the certainty
of losing some privileges from my parents and wishing to switch to
suspended animation, generally called cryonics, just like a species of
frogs do during the cold season, because my final examination gave
birth to my cold season, "boredom".
Onokala Nnamdi

PS. Am sure most people want to know what I rocked to my final exam, Yea I rocked a T-shirt with the inscription "Fuck B.Sc"
post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Amazing! Just amazing! Now I must say without mincing words Gang.. that Nnamdi is one very Fine writer.. **Nice one Oga Boss.

    As i read along yeah King Ice.. I was thrown miles back to my last Degree paper at ETF II.. with lecturers coming to whisper to my ears as i sat in the very front isolated Row "" Adolphus.. Go for a masters right away.. You are still very young.. " Hell they were right.. I was but 19.

    Thing about life is.. We Just never know... So to you and your Gang.. I preach a message of the life I live.. Trust GOD... Let go of the sails.. and just Dance like no one is watching.. Cause Like Steve Jobs (R.I.P) said...the dots will never connect looking forward.. but only looking backwards.

    Cheers to not the "what next?", but to the "I am read for what ever!" Udo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making out time to read my blog, Your comments are appreciated.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images