5 WAYS TO STYLE YOUR DENIM PANTS

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

  Denim_Header


DENIM_1Accessorize Everyday Layers -Styling your denim jeans with a pair of boots and a simple cotton tee is a great, effortless everyday look.  You really can't go wrong.  But if you want to add a bit more style to your simple ensemble, just add a few layers and accessories! I added a long statement fringe vestfelt hat, vintage sunglasses, and a leather bag.  By adding just a few accessories, your simple outfit can quickly turn chic.



DENIM_2Denim Dressed Up -I for one have way too many dresses and not enough occasions to wear them to.  Is anyone with me here!? One way I like to get wear out of some of my favorite mini dresses is to pair them leggings and boots, or like I did here, with skinny jeans and a wedge.  It's appropriate for a casual party or a dinner date with your guy.  The key here for me is a "mini" dress.  The shorter the hem, the better this look is pulled off.DENIM_3Flowers & Fringe - Moccasins have always been my thing.  My grandma bought me my first pair when I was about 8 at the local Minnetonka store in Wisconsin where I spent my summers as a kid.  Needless to say, I've had a love for them ever since.  Not only are they crazy comfy, but they are pretty cute too!  Pair your skinny jeans and moccasins with a flower crown, a crochet top, and a fringe bag and you've got yourself a hippie boho kind of vibe going on.  I happen to love this vibe! ;)DENIM_4Denim on Denim - Fashion faux pas? No way. I am loving the all-over denim look.  The trick is all in the mix....combining denim pieces in different colors and washes.  For this look, I decided not to accessorize much because the "double denim" is statement enough.  My dark wash jeans were a good contrast to my light denim blouse.  I paired it with a white leather satchel and a lace up bootie.DENIM_5High Waisted and Belted -I thought I would never succumb to the high waisted pant, and well, here I am.  I thought they were only for those blessed long-legged females, and I am surely not one of those!  But I have found that the great thing about high waisted jeans is that you can show off that waistline when you want to...and the rest of the time no one needs to know what is hiding under your blouse!  I am wearing the same pair of denim in all of these looks, and yes, they are high waisted.  If you are wanting to accentuate that high waistline, choose a flattering blouse that you can tuck in and highlight your waist with a belt.  To further create an illusion of longer legs.


Culled From abeautifulmess

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for making out time to read my blog, Your comments are appreciated.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images