STYLE FEATURE: DESOLA MAKO

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

This is the first Style feature for the month of May, I would  be Featuring a diversified individual Desola Oluwakemi Audrey Mako. To feature on this segment just email chiemelasteve@gmail.com or icelawblog@gmail.com.




1.       Give us some basic information about yourself
I’m Desola Oluwakemi Audrey Mako, I run my lifestyle blog atwww.deemako.blogspot.com.
I love God, my family, myself, fashion and food. I consider myself a Style enthusiast and an artist with an obsession for clothes and accessories (shoes and bags). A graduate of Architecture from the university of Lagos. In my mid-20s, I work fulltime as a Project officer/civil engineer/architect  and part time as a fashion stylist, writer and costume designer. My style is easy, basic, comfortable and always with a hint of me.

2.       What can you not be caught doing?
Prostituting!


3.       What do you love about Fashion

I love the way that fashion is an art; a calling, a hobby, a profession, an opinion, a story, a language, a way of life, a tradition and a means of expression. The way that it brings me true happiness no matter how I feel.

4.       Who  is your fashion icon?
Internationally; I love Solange: her style is breathtaking, there is always something new. Katy Perry; love the way she wears colours to perfection and the way her hair is a part of her style. Rihanna; not a big fan of her but her style knows no boundaries I love that about her..
In Nigeria; Lisa Folawiyo of jewel by Lisa; God! I love her style and her shoes!
Elohor Essien of beth models; incredibly put together woman! Simple yet stylish.


5.       Most Embarrassing fashion moment
Had a couple especially while I was in school, because I have big feet, my sandals used to cut a lot sometimes I would have to just remove both of them and walk bare foot, entering a ‘celestial’ inspired mode to rise above embarrassment.

6.       Describe yourself in few words
I am a go-getter, very focused, selfless and highly opinionated person.


7.       What is that fashion item you cannot do without and why?

I should say bras but let me say Handbags! I feel more naked without one. No matter how small I have to carry a bag, if not I have to have pockets.

8.       What do you do for fun?

I blog, write, dance, watch movies and EAT


9.       Can you spend your last money to look good
I have done it and I yes I will do it again!

10.   As a blogger what are your observations, setbacks and aspirations
As a blogger, I have observed that the most important thing is to blog like you are keeping a diary, don’t compete with anyone, don’t spend more than you earn, just enjoy.
My setbacks would be that I can’t afford to travel and share my love for travelling on my blog like I would love to.
My aspirations would be to branch out into a proper lifestyle blog, host my shop and get other authors. I love joint ventures.


11.   What would you say makes "StyleXpressions" stand out
Stylexpressions stands out because it’s all about me, my personal style, things I love and how I feel. Its unpretentious and it’s very easy. I try to carry everyone as long as much as I can and I don’t forget to thank them for being there as often as I can.



12.   What's your view about Icelaw Blog
It’s a nice personal blog, it’s always good to be able to relate to a blogger on a personal note and that I could do.









I love her style, I feel in love with the dread like hairstyle, cos i have been wanting to carry a dread head but due to some circumstances i can't now, Its now over to you Blog readers, What Do You Think Of Desola's Style?? Are You Feeling It?? Is She A Fashionister????

You can Read her Blog DEEMAKO


post signature

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Her style is great and Confident:)
    love her natural hair too
    The Beautiful Eagle's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice
    www.fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely look. xo

    http://fleuryina.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm digging her style!! great feature/interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blogger!!
    Kisses!!

    See you on my blog!!
    www.adifferentclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so pretty, love the unique sense of style! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making out time to read my blog, Your comments are appreciated.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images