STYLE CHAT WITH SHERIDEN GARRETT

Friday, August 22, 2014

Style feature segment has been on exile for a very long time now, But this time its back and always better than it used to be, And today am featuring my newest sweetheart Sheriden Garrett ( The Indie Byline), To feature on this Segment send an email to chiemelasteve@gmail.com or chiemelasteve@icloud.com


1. Give us some basic information about yourself?
My name is Sheriden. I am 23 years old, beautifully lost and confused, a lover of life, an avid film watcher, blogger, and a writer. I literally wrote down the first things that came to mind when I responded in my first sentence. I think that I'm enjoying these parts of my life, as frustrating as daunting as they may be, because it's building me and unearthing the most essential parts of me and I'm loving that. I like Paramore and grilled cheese sandwiches. Silliness is the best. 

2. What can you not be caught doing?

I cannot be caught running. Running is horrible. Well, let me change that. I have a very love hate relationship with running. Some days, I crave it like water. Those days, I like being in the gym, on a treadmill underneath a large fan with my bottled water while wearing my sports bra and listening to rock music. If it's running outside however, that, I cannot and will not be caught doing. Hate it. Absolutely hate it.


3. What do you love about Fashion?

Hmmm, I don't know if I love fashion as much as I love style. I don't really know designer clothes by name or anything like that, but I think having style is an important part of owning your identity and self-expression. So I think that's what I love about it. The fact that you can wake up in the morning and be whoever you want to be and at the root of that, there's always you. I like that you put yourself on display for the world to see and you're essentially saying, "Look at me. F*** what you think. I love me."

4. Who  is your fashion icon?

Again, I'd say style icon. I really love Kristen Stewart, Karreuche Tran, SZA - especially lately. In terms of fashion blogs, I really love Karla Deras's style. I love really minimalist looks with an edge and pieces that look like it fits the person wearing them. I think style is when you wear the clothes and the clothes do not wear you and I think all of those women embody that.


5. Most Embarrassing fashion moment?

LOL a couple of weeks ago actually, on a date. I wore my favorite skinnies and a bandeau top and didn't really realize until later how revealing the top was but by then it was too late, so I just had to own it. Embarrassing but I prevailed I think lol

6. Describe yourself in few words

Emotional, free, and silly


7. What is that fashion item you cannot

Lately it's definitely been crop tops. I love anything that allows me to show my belly. But I also live in skinny jeans. Especially when I'm being super casual, like during my days at work. 

8. What do you do for fun?

Act like a tourist around my city, photography, writing, watching old movies, live music, trying out new restaurants, working on my passion projects, etc.

 

9. Can you spend your last money to look good

Nope. I think if you have good style, you can refurbish older pieces and mix and match and make a whole new outfit and look equally as good. 

10. As a blogger what are your observations, set backs and aspirations

I'm seeing a lot of up and coming blogs that are trying to branch out of being boxed into one category and I am hoping that that's authentic you know and not something that acts as filler between #ootd posts because I like hearing those unique voices and like seeing that evolution. I think setbacks are more so what I've seen outside of my blogging and more so in my other projects but setbacks are a part of growth, you can't have growth without struggle. As far as aspirations, I say this always, but I just want to inspire. 


11. What would you say makes "The Indie Byline" stand out?

It's me. In a nutshell, it's me. Everything that makes me hurt, everything that makes me confused, everything I love, everything I wish would be better, everything that makes me happy, everything that makes me feel inspired. I don't hide myself from my readers and always try to be as transparent as possible, even when it makes me uncomfortable. I don't think it's fair to say this is me but still keep parts of me away so I try to keep that in mind always and I think that's very evident in The Indie Byline. I like to write and I write about virtually everything.

12. What's your view about Icelaw Blog

I don't follow a lot of male fashion blogs, but this one and one other has truly stood out for me. I love seeing fly brothas who have a great sense of style, a presence, and a knowledge of who they are. So finding this blog was a happy find.







I love Sheriden's style, Its now over to you my sweet blog readers, What Do You Think Of Sheridens's Style?? Are You Feeling It?? Do you think she is a fashionister????

You can Read her Blog The Indie Byline

This is the end of this style chat, till i find another sweetheart to feature.

post signature

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. cool, she writes well
    the pictures are not showing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read...I think the pictures are broken, I can't see the pictures?

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting interview. I've been refreshing since morning trying to see the photos, I guess it isn't my phone.
    www.ironyoflhurve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the third time, I will say thank you again love for featuring me! Happy to be a part of your blog and to have connected with yet another blogger :) And thanks everyone for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cant see the pictures, cool interview though.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. DESOLA I DON'T REALLY KNOW OOO, BUT THE PICTURES DO OPEN ON MY BROWSER

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tolu, I dont know whats wrong with it, but works fine on my browser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making out time to read my blog, Your comments are appreciated.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images