POEM: LADY IN A VELVET GOWN

Monday, January 18, 2016


The lady dressed in that velvet gown
I see her every moment I close my eyes to think
Thoughts of her alone continually clouds my mind
Most times I begin to wonder, has she made me delusional?

Her skin is so tender, glowing like the Caribbean sunset
This alone makes me want to spend eternity in her arms
Her aura radiates a kind of radiance difficult to be overlooked
The thoughts of her smile alone makes my heart flutter, captivating the soul into a whole new realm
Looking at her eyes alone makes me want to see the world through her eyes only

Many a times I wonder how I have been so ignorant not to notice such a priceless jewel until the last minute.

NB: This piece is a reflection of what I call my artistic insanity, It was first published on wattpad last year, you can check it out here or by searching the name "Lady in a velvet gown" on wattpad

post signature

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. @"Her skin is so tender, glowing like the Caribbean sunset"

    Oshey! Lover Boy! Be looking at Woman's skin there oh! Dont come to Lagos and make money.. hehehhehe iKid :) This was an Excellent piece King Steve.. Its amazing how there are many sides to you sir.. Weldone Oga Boss. Weldone. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much King Duru, we are all amazing in our different ways

      Delete
  2. Hmmm.... may you meet a lady that really makes you feel this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.... may you meet a lady that really makes you feel this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what Cindy said. Ice this lady in red must come alive soon.x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi.... Operation find the Bae. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. and who says the lady in the velvet gown ain't around? i view writing as an art of expressing ones inner thoughts, emotions and experience. if u ask me bunz i'd say she is around or... she faded away after u wrote this piece...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ekoks af turn blogger ooooo, yes writing is a reflection. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. Ore mi you haf started dreaming again. Issokay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheh, Ore its not small dreaming eh, but I hope say person go wake up one day na

      Delete

Thank you for making out time to read my blog, Your comments are appreciated.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images