What is Valentine's Day

Friday, February 14, 2014



Today which is Feb 14, a day which is regarded as Valentine's Day, I interviewed my blog readers and followers on Instagram about what they understand about valentines day. You can find some of their responses below







1. Give us some basic information about yourself:  My name's Robert Ekpo..friends call me Roby. I'm an OAP with Paradise 105.5fm, Calabar. I'm also an award winning comedian based in Cross River State.


2. What do you understand by valentine's day? I usually don't believe in Valentine's day because I think love should be shown everyday and not set aside for a particular day. 


3.What's your view about Icelaw Blog‎ & Afrikanswag: Icelaw Blog and Afrikanswag is doin a great job considerng the fact that there are a lot of bloggers out there,he has been able to make his page interesting and visitable! 

Good job!


1. Give us some basic information about yourself: My name is Omotayo Mustapha, am from Nigeria but live in the United Kingdom.. Am done with my masters in health management and I work with children.. 

2. What do you understand by valentine's day? Valentines day is a special day in which many people exchanges gifts with one another not necessary mean your partner alone.. Showing affection between one and other.


3.What's your view about Icelaw Blog‎ & Afrikanswag: Well am not too familiar with icelaw blog but very familiar with afrikanswag, which is on Instagram, they basically love their african culture nd acknowledge beautiful people regardless of their culture or background.. I personally think afrikanswag helps both ladies and gentle men to be comfortable with the way the look and they also base on looks of their followers..





1. Give us some basic information about yourself: My name is Tinnet Gwadah and a freshman at the American University of Nigeria and my major is CMD.

2. What do you understand by valentine's day. Valentine's day i believe has to do with a roman catholic celebration when people express their love to one another like girlfriends to boyfriends and vice versa, husbands to wives, side chicks to side "niggas" and the list goes on,but to me it is a day of false drama and when everyone wears red and white. I have never celebrated one because i have never had a valentine and so i believe that is the root of my hating but hopefully this year would bring about a new thing in my life and yeah Valentine's day is the result of November babies!


3.What's your view about Icelaw Blog‎ & Afrikanswag: The icelaw blog is nothing special but then i will be lying if i said that. The blog is creative and innovative, i like the arrangement the content and style of the blog, might be the next bellanaija or nairaland. 





1. Give us some basic information about yourself: My name is Paloma, am college student and I study accounting.I love to cook, watch movies and shop. I love to travel also. and I just love fashion and natural hair.

2. What do you understand by valentine's day. Valentines day is about love not just for significant others.


3.What's your view about Icelaw Blog‎ & Afrikanswag:  I love the blog because it is real and I can relate to it, it does not only feature celebs and socialites.




1. Give us some basic information about yourself: My name is Grace Adeleke..I was born in Lagos Nigeria 22 years ago..my family n i moved to Namibia when i was 2 years+..I just completed my bachelors degree in clinical psychology. i love shopping, snapping pix, chocolate, chicken and yogurt ice cream...i have 2 brothers and 2 sisters...im the 3rd born...i would love to be a fashion designer some day even though i studied psychology..

2. What do you understand by valentine's day. Valentines day is the day set apart out of 365 days in a year, to honor and appreciate true love shared by individuals..i know there are 364 other days to appreciate ur lover but valentines day is more like a reminder to people that u should take a day off to show special love and care to ur lover/partner..thats my understanding of valentines day.


3.What's your view about Icelaw Blog‎ & Afrikanswag: I  really love the good work. Keep it Up.



1. Give us some basic information about yourself: My name is Sunganani. i'm 19 years old.Originally from Malawi but lives in UK. Im an average girl who's living life.

2. What do you understand by valentine's day. Valentines day is the day where lovers or people in general exchange gifts that symbolises their love and affection to that person.

3.What's your view about Icelaw Blog‎ & Afrikanswag: I think AfrikanSwag is a great page that showcases us Africans and shows that we are beautiful people no matter what country you are from.

Icelaw blog is another great blog. Fashion is a must and it provides just the right material.i love it


Well that's the responses from few of our followers and blog readers, but in my own opinion, i would say that we were  born into a world with Feb 14 assigned as Valentines Day and we are always made to understand that it symbolizes love, so i think we should show love to every body even if its not on valentines Day, and the people who have never shown affection to anybody before should atleast  try it today.....


Happy Valentine's Day.


XOXO


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for making out time to read my blog, Your comments are appreciated.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images