CHAT with Adaobi of Dobzi fingers

Saturday, October 25, 2014

This is my first professional interview, looking at it makes me start thinking of  having a magazine lol. Enjoy. 




IB: Give us some basic information about yourself 
DF:  My name is Adaobi, I am a professional freelance makeup artist, my business name is Dobzi Fingers. I enjoy a good laugh, meeting new people, basically just having a good time.

IB: What can you not be caught doing?
DF: Having sex for money.

IB: What do you love about being a makeup Artist?
DF: There are a lot of reasons I love being a makeup artist but if I had to choose just one, it would be the fact that I meet a lot of different people with different opinions, ideas, preferences. I always love a challenge.




IB: What inspired you to be a makeup artist?
DF: Makeup artistry is something that I have always been fascinated by, I love how someone can look one way now and a different way the next with the use of makeup (insert being inspired by tv). For the longest time, I practiced makeup artistry just not professionally, I made up everyone and anyone I could lay my hands on. Later on, my mother gave me the push to do it professionally.

IB: What do you do for fun?
DF: I love day time activities... swimming, movies.. I also go dancing from time to time and of course some karaoke with the girls never goes wrong.

IB: Can you spend your last penny on a makeup kit?
DF: No way!!! Yes I spend a LOT of money on makeup but my last penny? No..no... I'd rather spend that on shoes!




IB: As a Makeup Artist and a Blogger what are your observations,    setbacks and aspirations
DF: As a makeup artist, I meet a lot of people and experience a lot of different things but a regular occurrence is that everyone wants the best work done for them but most aren't willing to pay for it but I always say... know your standard, know your worth and don't settle for less. There's a lot of negativity, let downs from clients, associates, a lot of different people, sometimes you see all that and you're setback but at the end of the day I just push forward, this is something that I do very well, that I'm passionate about and I won't back down...not now. As far as aspirations go, there's always hope as long as there's life, there's always time to pick up, start again, learn, grow, do and become what ever one aspires to.

IB: Do you have any piece of advice for other aspiring make-up artists?
DF: In the field of makeup artistry, practice really does make perfect so there's never to much of that, keep practicing. I also always advice not to buy products on a whim. Do a lot of research, ask questions, connect with other people in the beauty industry for help and directions.

IB: What would you say makes Your Blog stand out?
DF:  I would say what makes my blog (dalozone.wordpress.com) stand out is ME...every person is a unique individual in his/her own way. So we all bring something different to whatever we do, no matter how subtle or pronounced it is. In my case, my blog is where I showcase my work and hear from readers on how to improve, what they think about the work, I always welcome suggestions and ideas. I am always open to learning new things..


IB: What’s your view about Icelaw Blog?
DF:  I honestly enjoy this blog. I love and enjoy every aspect of beauty and fashion irrespective of gender, so I am on anything that satisfies my crave for it, hence the Icelaw blog. The Icelaw blog is bound to make way and showcase most importantly menswear, fashion, and style in accordance to new aspects of public interest.

You can find some pictures of her satisfied clients below and in between the interview, so all my blog readers and friends you can get her contact on the about page of her blog.







Lenme do small amebo, Been doing my photography thingy for a couple of weeks now, and am going to show case a new document / web series, showing what they think africa looks like. Anticipate.
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for making out time to read my blog, Your comments are appreciated.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images